Monday, August 21, 2006

Sufjan / Dean

I just felt like doing a little experiment. There is a picture of Sufjan Stevens in which he is standing outside the window of a bookstore in New York City called Sufi Books. My friend Dean recently (well, a few months ago anyway) visited The Big Apple, and just happened to stumble along the same bookstore (much to his delight). Let's put them side by side and gasp at the similarities shall we? Now, Dean's was taken at night, and Sufjans was taken during the day, so we don't really get the same effect, but here goes...















Uncanny huh? Oh well, maybe they look nothing alike...but I was required to try (Dean's gonna kill me). Buy Sufjan's new album The Avalanche: Outtakes and Extras from the Illinois album at a store near you. Is that a shameless plug I smell? Heavens....How wrong of me!

No comments: