Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ana Gasteyer Is Wicked


Ana Gasteyer has been enjoying a lot of theatre success since she left her cast mates of "Saturday Night Live". She has appeared on Broadway in "The Rocky Horror Show", in the Chicago production of "Wicked", and most recently back on Broadway as Mrs. Peachum in "Three Penny Opera" alongside Cyndi Lauper and Alan Cummins.

Now she is reprising her role of Elphaba in "Wicked" on Broadway, for a 13 week limited engagement starting October 10th, replacing actress Eden Espinosa who is currently filling the role. I may be in New York for that. Oooh maybe I'll have to see Wicked again. I don't think I will, since it is something I've seen already, but the thought is in my mind nonetheless. I wish youtube hadn't taken down all of their SNL skit posts, I'm in the mood to watch some Gemini's Twin action, she and Maya were a hilarious team.

No comments: