Monday, June 07, 2010

Janet Jackson: Make Me (Music Video)



I should have added this when it first came out because I'm so in love with this song, but I've been ignoring all of my blogs for quite awhile, but I've had a bit of time today so it's a good chance to add some things that have interested me in the past little while.

So, this song was the new single that Janet added to her latest Greatest Hits album, Number 1's, which featured 33 #1 hits (both internationally and domestically) and landed itself in the #1 position on the Billboard US Dance Club Chart.

I don't really understand why her past few albums haven't done as well as others. I get that some people were offended by the whole Superbowl incident, but really, people must be over that by now. She hasn't successfully completed a world tour since the All For You tour and some of her lead singles have been clunkers but I think if this song had been the lead track from a studio album it would have put her back on top. C'mon, Michael's gone! You're the only Jackson we have left to look forward to. Lately she has been focusing her career on acting more. She recently reprised her role as Patricia in Tyler Perry's "Why Did I Get Married, Too?", which spawned the hit ballad "Nothing" (which will be added to this site next) and is currently filming another Tyler Perry helmed film entitled "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf".

Get back to the recording studio Janet. I'll be going through withdrawal soon.

No comments: