Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Discipline Album Cover


This is the cover of Janet Jackson's tenth studio album "Discipline". What does everybody think? I like it personally. Janet has recently spoken about her idea's for the album and it's title,

"Discipline has been much on my mind," she says. "It's the idea that unifies the songs on this record. As a concept, and even a lifestyle, discipline goes extremely deep. It can be applied to so much about ourselves. In my case, I see it as one of defining aspects of my character. Discipline was there for me from the start. But it was not until this record that I began to understand its full meaning.

In putting Discipline out front-- as both the title of the album and title of a song about sexual surrender--I wanted to announce that I was venturing into new creative waters. That meant working with producers like Jermaine Dupri, Rodney Jerkins, and Ne-Yo, whose songs spoke to the immediacy of my emotions. Like all my records, this one, whether intentional or not, has autobiographical roots. It's difficult for me to work any other way. I don't feel it, if I don't believe it, I can't sing it.

So Discipline, as a storyline, begins in my childhood which someone could see as a classic study in discipline. Discipline was part of a family culture that I absorbed. I was born with it."


Confirmed songs that will be on the album are

Feedback (of course)
Roller Coaster
Discipline
Can't Be Good
Letchu Go

Be sure to pick up your copy on the 26th of February.

No comments: