Friday, December 22, 2006

Lucky Leo


Leonardo DiCaprio has been a lucky boy these days. Two top-grossing films in the last couple of months (The Departed and Blood Diamond) and now he has been nominated twice for a Golden Globe in the category of Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture (drama) for his roles in these films.


I saw The Departed a few weeks ago, and I really enjoyed it, particularly his performance (so I do believe he is worthy of a nomination), and I hear that Blood Diamond is meant to be one of the best performances of his career (again...worthy). I don't know how I feel about people being nominated twice in the same category though. I mean it pretty much guarantees the person the win (which usually makes me happy, if they're worthy), but it pretty much fucks over the other nominees, and if they do give it to someone else....the academy looks like a bunch of assholes.


Tough luck for the other actors, nobody said life was fair though.

No comments: