Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christina Wears Fur, And People Ain't Happy


One of my favorite actresses, Christina Ricci, wore a natural fur coat on the front cover of the September issue of W magazine, and people were/are not pleased about it. As soon as the issue hit news stands many online fan sights dedicated to the diminutive actress closed down their services because they were offended by the notion that Christina liked to wear fur.


If you visit www.christinaricci.info , they have posted the following statement.


OFFLINE DUE TO FUR USAGE


"Well, that's it. I've had this Christina Ricci fan page for almost 8 years (since January 1999), but I recently found out Christina doesn't appear to have a problem wearing fur. Well, I do. I also have a problem with people who wear fur. Conclusion: I have a problem with Christina. And now that problem is solved, because I don't have a website about her anymore, so I no longer have anything to do with her."


Wow, people are so fuckin' sensitive these days. It's like the Dixie Chicks fiasco all over again. In fact Christina recently had to release a statement of apology. It read...


"I never meant to hurt nor anger anyone with my insensitivity. For what it is worth, I have received the message loud and clear and will not be wearing fur in the future. I apologize for my offensive actions."


Okay, I am not going to state my personal opinions on fur wearing (because animal activists will Fuck You Up!), however, the magazine editors probably asked her to wear it. It's not like it came straight out of her closet. So I really can't be as offended by this "offensive action" as I apparently should be.


It made for a nice cover photo, whether or not Rudolph and Blitzen had to suffer to make her cloak. In other Christina news, she has a couple new movies under her belt that are set for release soon, including Home of the Brave, and Black Snake Moan.

No comments: