Friday, October 20, 2006

Tara's New Music


One of my other favorite Canadian artists (I have about six and I have already established that Emm and Alanis are two of them), Tara MacLean is releasing her third solo album in January 2007. It has been a long time since Tara has released anything on her own, not since 2000's Passenger which spawned the hits "If I Fall" and "Divided" (the first of which is the first song I ever sang in front of a proper audience) has she been in a recording studio by herself. She has been working with her new husband Ted and ex-husband Bill Bell on the production and writing of the new material. I cannot wait for this album, her voice is so pure, crisp and ethereal, she gives me goosebumps, and she is just as amazing live, so I hope this project will include some solo touring.

In the meantime, Tara has once again teamed up with her two best Gal Pals, Kim Stockwood and Damhnait Doyle, to reform the group Shaye, who's second recording entitled "Lake of Fire" will be released November 7th. The titletrack first single is already circulating on Canadian radio. The tracklisting for the album is as follows...

1) I Don't Wanna Die Today
2) Lake Of Fire
3) We Will Not Be Lovers
4) Stay
5) We Are Water
6) This Is The Moment
7) Ocean Of Sorrows
8) Someway Somehow
9) You're Not Alone
10) So Far Gone
11) I Can't Say
12) Star
13) Tupelo Honey

If you are interested in hearing samples of the album you can do so here
http://www.shayemusic.com/Juke/index.asp .

No comments: