Monday, September 22, 2008

Sex And The City: DVD Out Tomorrow



Yay! It's here, it's finally here! The Sex And The City Movie is being released on DVD tomorrow. This means I won't have to go see it in the theatres again (I saw it four times). Instead I can just curl up on the couch with my popcorn and watch anytime I want to.

The dvd is being released in two different formats, the theatrical release, and an extended edition which shows scenes not seen in the theatrical release. The other features are advertised in the commercial above (plus an audio-commentary by director Michael Patrick King not mentioned). This movie was one of the biggest blockbusters of the summer, earning $400,454,627 worldwide so far, thusly the release of the DVD deserved it's own Hollywood style DVD Release Party, which was held in New York last week with stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, and Cynthia Nixon all making appearances.

A Sequel to the movie is currently in talks with all involved, according to Michael Patrick. "When I finished [the first one], I didn’t have a thought in my head about a sequel. It doesn’t feel done to me at all. It feels like it generated a whole new burst of enthusiasm for these characters. I thought if I could come up with a really fun, worthy story it would certainly be a great chance to do it again."

Let's all look forward to seeing that. In the meantime, pick up your copy of The Sex And The City Movie tomorrow.

Sidenote: Sex And The City writer, Candace Bushnell, has admitted that she is working on a new book series which will be a prequel to SATC called "The Carrie Diaries", chronicaling Carrie Bradshaw's teenage years.

No comments: