Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Lisa Marie Duets With Dad


Lisa Marie Presley can now count herself among the few artists who have brought old songs back to life by incorporating themselves into the mix with the original artist. As Natalie Cole once did with her dearly departed father, Lisa Marie has recorded herself into her fathers track "In The Ghetto" making a technological duet which will be released in music video form this Friday, just in time for the 30th anniversary of Elvis' death.


The video, which will be featured on AOL website Spinner.com, will feature many images of Elvis and will be posted alongside an interview with Lisa Marie.


Of doing the duet, Lisa Marie stated,


"We had two hours to lay down my vocals, so the next morning, I heard the rough... and.... I've never cried when I've done anything.... ever.... but I just lost it when I heard it."


Presley is also eager to start working on the follow up album to 2005's "Now What?", rumored to be titled "Black On Blue".

No comments: