Monday, July 30, 2007

First Look: Sweeney Todd Movie Poster


Here is the first movie poster for the film version of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street directed by Tim Burton and starring Johnny Depp. I can't wait for this film. The poster indicates that it will be in theatres at Christmas, so I only have 5 more months to wait. I figured the film would come out around either Halloween or Christmas. It's a signature move for the dark and twisted nature of a Burton movie.


On top of Helena Bonham-Carter playing Mrs Lovett and Sacha Baron Cohen playing Signor Pirelli (as I previously reported), Alan Rickman, whom I love, will be playing the role of Judge Turpin, the man whom Sweeney swears his ultimate revenge. I can't wait to hear what the music will be like, will they change it much from the stage show? Perhaps make it darker?


I have high hopes and I better not be let down. What do you think of the poster?

No comments: