Monday, June 07, 2010

Alanis Morissette: Torch (Live) & Marriage News



It's hard for me to choose a favorite song from Alanis' recent album "Flavors Of Entanglement" because it is so astonishingly brilliant, but I will say that from the first moment my ears met the song "Torch" I was madly in love and heartbroken at the same time. She so perfectly describes the sadness and defeat one feels when dealing with a break up.

This record was written after her very public break up with actor Ryan Reynolds, but the phoenix rose out of the ashes of that failed relationship and this past May 22nd, Alanis married her boyfriend of seven months, DJ Mario "Souleye" Treadway, in a small ceremony at their home in LA surrounded by their family. Congratulations Alanis! I can't wait to hear an album from the married perspective.

No comments: